The Southwest Florida Water Management District has issued emergency water restrictions for the Tampa Bay area.
On Wednesday, the water management district issued a Modified Phase II Severe Water Shortage Order, according to a media release. The order specifies that:
- Lawn and landscape watering is limited to one day a week
- Watering is prohibited from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Fountains may operate four hours a day
- Car washing is limited to once per week and only on the designated watering day for your location
- Pressure washing is allowed once a year or for necessary purposes
- Restaurants may serve water only upon request
- All observed violations will result in